Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Three T's

Take Time to Think

A wise woman once said to me, thinking is important. 

Thinking. Hmm. Surely we think all the time, we think even if it's subconsciously, crazy. We set the alarm to wake us up another day; what to wear today, what will I have for lunch, are those new shoes really necessary? That's thinking, right? 

I'm one of those over thinkers. People are always telling me "You think too much!" or "You're over-thinking things" as if it's such a bad thing, but it's my way of analysing a situation or occurrence. This gives me a logistical or well thought out process of action from me, if needs be. Yes those shoes are definitely necessary.

But when was the last time we sat down and really thought. Not about todays work politics, or how many calories have been consumed. But taking the time to stop, hear what your mind has to say, and really listen. Sometime with such a busy lifestyle and schedule, something that I believe is so instinctive, the connection with our mind and thoughts has been lost, and we've given it the job of sifting through everyday shit that we "think" is important. We are too busy for ourselves most of the time, a luxury we are privileged enough to have, yet too often dismiss. 

Well, thinking is important. Go. Take a break. Listen to you what you have to say to yourself. Be armed with not your phone, or your workload, but your time. Go and be alone with your thoughts, whether it be in the bath, on a park bench, or in bed. You don't require any fancy gadgets, just yourself. 

Enjoy, be upset, get angry. But think. 


Today I took the time to think. 
Time thinking is not time wasted. 





















Fx


4 comments:

  1. Excellent. Exactly what I do in my car when I'm on my own for those few precious minutes a day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you get those precious few minutes a day. I've never often given it the time, but it's so refreshing to tell life "give me a minute, I'm thinking!" :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I think I think you know what you're thinking about here..... I think ALL of the time in exacting detail to the point of annoying myself.... my last thought as I drop off to sleep is usually ....
    "I'm still not asleep yet why is that ..........."

    Then I wake up and start thinking again....sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... often annoy myself with my over-thinking. But actually stopping to think about over thinking is quite nice. Seems like you almost stop over thinking for a while and think about something else instead.

      I think in my sleep too. At least you get some rest bite ;)

      Delete