Wednesday 23 January 2013

2013.04

Right, so with all my uni work and general life, Ffoto of the Week is becoming a bit sporadic. I'm sorry, alright! But that just means I will try even harder to get even better and more interesting images for you all.

Ahn Jun has an amazing series of self portraits to take your breath away. I'm not sure whether she has a thrill for heights, or what, but the views that she offers in most of her self portraits are remarkable. She's got guts, I'll give her that.

What strikes me with her images though, is that they are not your usual self portraits. They offer, like I said, an amazing view - she just happens to be standing right in there. This on paper doesn't sound amazing, but her presence in the images give a reality of being there in the moment. Giving the viewer a realisation of danger, or vertigo. She is putting herself in the situation. And in some of the images, offering a new perspective of the landscapes.

What can I say? I absolutely love her work. Wish I had the nerve to do something like this.



She has loads more on her website that you can check out. http://ahnjun.com/home.html


Fx

Image Copyright Ahn Jun. http://ahnjun.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment